BEGINNER TECHNIQUES AND TUTORIALS
- Create a slipknot and secure the slipknot on either the tack or on your starter peg, whichever you prefer.
- Take your working yarn behind the starter peg and wrap right to left around peg
- Your working yarn will now be behind the pegs, bring it in front and around peg
- Wrap in front of peg 2, creating an “E” motion while wrapping each peg.
- Continue this process for each peg.
- Push your loaded row of loops down to bottom of pegs
- Your working yarn is near the top of the loom in front of the pegs.
- Wrap behind the peg creating a U shape (pulling the yarn back toward your starting peg) and immediately pick the bottom loop up and over the top of the peg.
- Bring your working yarn back to the front of the next peg and continue the same wrapping process for all Uknit stitches.
- Keep your yarn tension loose or it will become difficult to pick over.
- Put your pick down through the existing loop on the top of the peg.
- Place the tip of the pick over the working yarn and with a twisting motion, follow the groove of the peg to draw the working yarn up through the existing loop at the top of the peg to create a new loop.
- Using your fingers, pinch the old loop and new loop and remove them from the peg.
- Then place the new loop back on the same peg.
- Then pull the working yarn slightly to tighten.